I most agreed with Kierkegaard’s philosophy that Christianity is all or nothing and you can’t just be religious ‘to an extent’. Kierkegaard said that “Christianity was both so overwhelming and so irrational that it had to be an either/or… it must permeate your entire life”. Being a strong Christian myself, this really hits home and I find it entirely accurate. Being a Christian is all about believing and having faith in the things that are hard to wrap your mind around. The fact that this guy named Jesus could bring people, like Lazarus, back from the dead, and even die and come back to life himself three days later is so overwhelming that many people find it unbelievable. Christianity is based on your belief in God and your faith comes from trusting God to be able to do all the things that he has done, even if they seem unbelievable.
On the other hand, I didn’t agree with Spinoza’s philosophy that everything that exists in the world are one thing, both spiritual and existential aspects. I do not agree with this because as a Christian I believe that once your body dies, if you have lived a life following God, then your spirit will go to heaven and your body will stay on Earth. This means that your spirit and your body can not all be the same thing. According to Spinoza’s thinking, there are no individuals because we are all just pieces of a whole. He also thinks that we all share thoughts, but if that were true I wouldn’t need to type this out because you would already know what I was thinking and you would be thinking the same thing, which just doesn’t make sense.
As for the question of where on the rabbit’s fur I reside, I’m not sure I like this question. I feel like I am climbing my way up through the rabbit’s fur, but I don’t think I have ever been buried deep down in a comfortable little world because I have always been on a search for knowledge. I’m hesitant to answer this question though, because
I know
I'm not a philosopher,
I'm just looking for answers.
No comments:
Post a Comment